Notes on the History of the Eugenics Record Office,
Cold Spring Harbor, Long Island, New York
The sequence of
(A) Managing authority;
(B) Direction of scientific and administrative work; and
( C) Source of support and budget-amounts;
from its establishment October 10, 1910, at Cold Spring Harbor, to December 31, 1939 (date closed for inventory) - 29 years, 3 months.
(a) "The Harriman Period," October 1, 1910 to December 31, [strikeout]1939 - 22[end strikeout] years.
(b) "The First Carnegie Period," January 1, 1918 to December 31, 1939 - [strikeout]22[end strikeout] years.
Note: Name officially changed to Genetics Record Office, July 1, 1939.
Copyright 1999-2004: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; American Philosophical Society; Truman State University; Rockefeller Archive Center/Rockefeller University; University of Albany, State University of New York; National Park Service, Statue of Liberty National Monument; University College, London; International Center of Photography; Archiv zur Geschichte der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Berlin-Dahlem; and Special Collections, University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
The images and text in this Archive are solely for educational and scholarly uses. The materials may be used in digital or print form in reports, research, and other projects that are not offered for sale. Materials in this archive may not be used in digital or print form by organizations or commercial concerns, except with express permission.