View this image in our new website.
|"Probably Mendelian" and "Clearly Hereditary" traits
Pages:1 of 1
|The Harry H. Laughlin Papers, Truman State University,
Lantern Slides, Brown Box,835
[tabular material - two columns]
IV Probably Mendelian, but Dominance Imperfect or "Uncertain"
1. Defective hair and teeth&Castle
2. Extra teeth&"
3. Double set of permanent teeth&"
4. Hare-lip and cleft palate&"
7. Twins (possibly recessive)&"
8. Dental agnesia (i.e., absence of certain teeth)&Sergi, S., (Journ Hered Vol8 [illegible] p557)
9. Bi-lobed ear&Schofield, R., (Journ Hered Vol[illegible])
10. Dent in Foredhead (possibly dominant)&Davenport (Journ Hered Apr 1903[?] p164)
V Clearly Hereditary (i.e. runs in families), but Rule of Inheritance Uncertain
1. Longevity&Castle Davenport (p147)
2. Handclasp&Hurst (Eugenical Review [illegible]
3. Diatheses to many specific diseases, as:
b. Cancer (i.e., from pigmented moles)&(Journ Medical Research Mar 19[illegible]
c. Abdominal hernia&Castle
4. Stuttering or stammering&Davenport (p106)
6. Epislaxis (i.e., nosebleed)&"([illegible] Lane [illegible]
8. Splenic anemia with enlargement of the spleen (i.e., Gaucher's splenomegaly)&"
11. Exopthalmic goiter (i.e., Grave's disease)&"
12. Literary ability&" (p24) Castle (p241)
13. Mathematical ability&"
14. Mechanical ability&"
16. Defective heart&"
17. Pernicious anemia&"
19. Jaundice (i.e., hereditary form, splenomegaly with acholuric jaundice)&Osler (Principles of Medicine)
22. Von Recklinghausen's disease (i.e., neuro-fibromatosis)&"
24. Raynaud's disease&" ([illegible]
25. Angio-neurotic oedema (i.e., Quineke's disease)&Diad R+TR Co[illegible] (Arch Int Med)
26. Milroy's disease (i.e., persistent hereditary oedema of the legs)& Osler, Edgeworth of [illegible]
27. Mongolian imbecility (possibly recessive)&[illegible]
28. Amaurotic family idiocy&"(Journ Hered Feb [illegible]
29. Megolophthalmus&Davenport (p115)
Copyright 1999-2004: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; American Philosophical Society; Truman State University; Rockefeller Archive Center/Rockefeller University; University of Albany, State University of New York; National Park Service, Statue of Liberty National Monument; University College, London; International Center of Photography; Archiv zur Geschichte der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Berlin-Dahlem; and Special Collections, University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
The images and text in this Archive are solely for educational and scholarly uses. The materials may be used in digital or print form in reports, research, and other projects that are not offered for sale. Materials in this archive may not be used in digital or print form by organizations or commercial concerns, except with express permission.